Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fish fabrication

We've learned how to fabricate both flat and round fish. The day before I made a la meuniere. I breaded two fish fillets and then sautéed them in butter. The fish only needed to cook for a little while because the meat is so tender. I pulled the fish out of the butter and drained it, then added wine and lemon to the leftover butter to make a sauce. The fish was very delicate and the Cajun seasoning with the lemon tasted very flavorful and brought a tingling sensation to your mouth. 

Today we cooked fish four different ways. One way I steamed fish. I didn’t add as much butter as last time and sprinkled some onions and other seasonings with it before letting it steam in the oven. Another way we cooked it was panfrying. I added butter and some oil in a pan and let it heat up. I seasoned and breaded the trout and placed it in the oil. The fish only needed a minute to cook  before being flipped and then quickly taken from the heat so that the fish would still be tender and stop cooking.
                I also deep-fried fish. I breaded and seasoned the fish before placing it in the vat of oil. It only needed a few minutes as well before being pulled from the heat. Lastly, I broiled a fillet. I lightly coated the fish with butter so it would not dry out and placed in the broiler to cook. Once the fish had some nice color I pulled it from the heat. 
deep and pan fried fish fillets

a la meuniere 

No comments:

Post a Comment